Artist / Teacher, Portland, OR
I’m methodical, sleep-deprived and usually have band-aids on my fingers from daily sewing accidents. I also teach high school & university folk about art!
Born and raised in sunny California, Lauren Prado spends most of her free time sewing in 80 degree weather. Prado uses fiber, yarn, and needles to create representations of the digital images/products that flood our online feeds. Prado was a high school teacher for three years, and that experience largely influenced her interest in pop culture and the millennial lifestyle that centers on technology, online presence, and self-presentation.
- Adjunct Instructor at La Sierra University
- 2016 – Present Riverside, CA
- Art Teacher at Notre Dame Highschool
- 2014 – Present Riverside, CA
- Bachelors of Fine Arts w/ emphasis in Textiles at La Sierra University
- 2010 – 2014 Riverside, CA
- MFA in Visual Studies at Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Sept 2017 – Present Portland, OR